AS400 Server Manager Runtime Metrics issue

dan_richards

dan_richards

Reputable Poster
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and possibly have a resolution? Our Enterprise Server is running V6R1 on tools 8.98.2.2 for E9.0. The server manager agent is running and we can see portions of the information from the server in SM (Logs, etc..). However, the entire section for runtime metrics is blank. It tells me that the details are only available when the instance is running. The details should be there as the agent is reporting that it is indeed running.

Please help!
smile.gif

Dan

I have the same issue with an E8.12 install on an AS/400.

Oracle told me this is actually an issue with the Management Agent on the iSeries. Try this workaround:

To get the run time metrics, change the "Management Agent Starting Port" from 14502 to say 14509. Bounce any JAS instance. Do NOT Bounce the iSeries Management Agent. This should show run time metrics on all JAS instances.

Jeremy, thanks for the reply. Looking over your suggestion, I am not sure how this will help us. The runtime metrics on all other servers work just fine. It's just the AS400 Enterprise Server that is not working for us.
frown.gif

I'll keep on digging.
smile.gif

Thanks again!

Dan

Jeremy, thanks for the reply. Looking over your suggestion, I am not sure how this will help us. The runtime metrics on all other servers work just fine. It's just the AS400 Enterprise Server that is not working for us.
frown.gif

I'll keep on digging.
smile.gif

Thanks again!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Do you remember the solution for the AS400 runtime metrics issue on Server manager?

regards,
Gurunath

Back