AS/400 IFS and TC's

GSI Inc.

GSI Inc.

Well Known Member
AS/400 IFS and TC\'s

Hi all, I am currently working on many projects that require text files to be created. It would be wonderful to store them on the IFS. That way they are more secure and we can have a larger archive. Right now for example we have two divisions one in Alaska and one her in Michigan. Each division does their own payroll and are on the same cycle. If we create an ach and then Alaska does it overwrites the ACH with their data. So there is a lot of communication that has to take place as to when they are run. Even with the 4 hour time difference - Any ideas, suggests would be greatly appreciated, or even rude comments(just kidding) - Thanks Angelis

Re: AS/400 IFS and TC\'s

Hi,

You can run the TC on the IFS structure, just point
to the folder where you want to save your file.
Of course, the UBE has to run on the AS/400 server...
IFS folders look like UNIX, /folder/subfolder/myfile.txt
Finally, you have to grant IFS permissions to the
(system) user that runs the UBE on that folder and file
to read and write accordingly.

Oh - you are having a fun one, aren't you.

Here's what I've done in the past:
** Issue - multiple companies on the same iseries run their own payrolls. When they run thier payrolls - they wipe out the previous payroll/ach file in the iSeries export folder
** Resolution - place the ube that runs the payroll or ach in a wrapper program. When the target UBE ends - use the function that renames flat files to rename the file.

We have 3 locations that could be running any of their payrolls at the same time. To solve this problem, we copied R07235. We added the ER below to the bottom of the End Part of the ER of Print Payments group section in order to assign each file to a new folder. In addition, we have all three locations run the same custom UBE and version. We assigned the UBE to run in a certain queue that is single-threaded.

0033 //
0034 // Change Name of Flat File
0035 //
0036 Read INI
"Install" -> szSectionName
"B9" -> szVariableName
VA rpt_FilePath_PTH <- szValueForEntryDefault
"JDE.INI" -> szFileNameOne
0037 VA rpt_FilePath_PTH = concat([VA rpt_FilePath_PTH],"\")
0038 Read INI
"SVR" -> szSectionName
"EnvironmentName" -> szVariableName
VA rpt_TempPath_PTH <- szValueForEntryDefault
"JDE.INI" -> szFileNameOne
0039 VA rpt_FilePath_PTH = concat([VA rpt_FilePath_PTH],[VA rpt_TempPath_PTH])
0040 VA rpt_FilePath_PTH = concat([VA rpt_FilePath_PTH],"\Export")
0041 VA rpt_NewFlatFileName_DL01 = concat(rtrim([VA rpt_FilePath_PTH],' '),concat("PR_",concat(rtrim([SL LoginEnvironment ],' '),concat("\AutoDepositsfor",[RI szPayrollID]))))
0042 VA rpt_FilePath_PTH = concat([VA rpt_FilePath_PTH],"\payach")
0043 // SAR# 6840588
0044 ! Change the name of the Flat File
! VA rpt_FilePath_PTH -> szFilePath
! "PayACH" -> szOldFileName
! VA rpt_NewFlatFileName_DL01 -> szNewFileName
0045 Delete Or Copy Flat File
VA rpt_NewFlatFileName_DL01 -> szOriginalFlatFile
"1" -> cActionOnFlatFiles
"1" -> cSuppressErrorMessage
0046 Rename File GLZ
VA rpt_FilePath_PTH -> szFromPath
VA rpt_NewFlatFileName_DL01 -> szTargetDirectory

Hello,

How do you grant permissions? I changed the *public authority to have all access to one directory but we are still having a problem. In order access EDI outbound/inbound file from Windows we need to make AS400 IFS area accessible from windows. How is this done?

Hello,

You do not expose the IFS to users otherwise you will have to enable the Guest profile in iSeires or make a share and give permission. bottom line is too much work.
Do you know you can see all windows share driver within iSeries using QNTC folder in IFS.

Here is what i did for my TC's (High Level)

if the TC outputs a text file:
Create the output file in /temp folder in IFS and copy from /temp to /QNTC/WindowsServer/Share

if you TC looking for a text file:
Copy from /QNTC/Windowsserver/share to /temp and run the TC (setup the TC to read the file from /temp)

in my environment users do the see the IFS at all, they are working with the default network drivers (windows).

Back