9.0 web client not openning PDF

Burke

This is a new installation of 9.0.
DB = Oracle 10g on AIX
ES = Windows 2003
HTML = OAS on AIX
Client = Windows Vista with IE 7

When trying to open a PDF from the webclient it opens a new tab in my browser for a few seconds and then closes it. The PDF does not open. I tried this with the logs also and it did the same thing. I can open PDF from my fat client.

I did find out that it is related to the PC. I tried this on another computer and it worked fine. The two PCs are similar.

Can’t View PDF is EnterpriseOne Using Internet Explorer 7

Solution ID:
Solution Library: E1 Technical/Tools

Summary: E1: UBE: IE7 Browser Window Disappears For Batch Job's PDF

Details:

SOLUTION ID: 201065059 E1: UBE: IE7 Browser Window Disappears For Batch Job's PDF

ISSUE:
When you run the "Work With Submitted Jobs" web application using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7, if you attempt to open a PDF output file for any batch job, a new browser window appears for the PDF output and then it immediately disappears from the screen.

SOLUTION:
1. Open the IE7 browser.
2. From the "Tools" menu, choose the "Internet Options" menu item.
3. In the "Internet Options" dialog box, click on the "Privacy" tab.
4. Turn off the pop-up blocker. (Uncheck the "Turn on Pop-up Blocker" checkbox.)
5. In the "Internet Options" dialog box, click on the "Security" tab.
6. Highlight the "Internet" zone.
7. Click on the "Custom Level..." button.
8. Use the following for the "Downloads" settings:

E1: UBE: IE7 Browser Window Disappears For Batch Job's PDF
A. Enable: "Automatic prompting for file downloads"
B. Enable: "File download"
C. Enable: "Font download"

WORKAROUND:
1. Within the "Work With Submitted Jobs" web application, select a batch job.

2. Perform the "Ctrl" + "Alt" + "R" keystroke but keep the "Ctrl" key held down after the keystroke.

3. While keeping the "Ctrl" key depressed, click on the row exit button to view the PDF output file for the selected batch job. Do not let go of the "Ctrl" key until you finally see the PDF output file.

Back
Top Bottom