Charts in JDE Forms using JavaScript in JDE E1 8.12 TR 8.96.40

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We have to stick with our current version of JDE, but it does not supports charts. And higher management is looking for some alternatives.

I have worked with Fusion Charts in Microsoft ASP.NET applications and it seemed great. It will just use some JavaScript to draw the charts in web browser.

Is there any issue if I use Text Block control in JDE Forms to load the JavaScript so that it will show the charts.

Hi Rauf,

I tried to use some google charts with Text Block control and received message: "Security Violation. A script injedtion has been detected. A malacious tag was detected as an input from the client. ** Your session will be disabled.**"

Has anyone tip, how to enable this kind of java scripts?

Is there any white list for script source?

Hi xxpeta,

I guess, this will occur. Because the embedded code for chart might look like 'injected' code, and of course, the security check will terminate the operation.

Your signature tells us that you are also on 9.20, where you can use the chart of JDE itself.

Hi Rauf,

I know, but the list of available charts in JDE is insufficient. Using google charts can solve my problem, but there is that security check..

Hello JDE Team,

Along with the subject, I'm planning to do some integration softwares using Microsoft .NET.
Where I can find documentation related to "how to call JDE business functions from .NET code" ? I have no access to MOS right now.

The most direct answer is use XML CallObject. .NET code uses P/Invoke to call API in fat client DLLs (you only need a small set of files). There should be examples here on JDEList.

You could also consume a JDE Published Business Service if your release supports that. AIS calls would be an indirect way to call the function as you could run an app that executes the function, again later releases required.

Craig

Back