Primary Bin Location

KevinM

By mistake we managed to remove a number of Primary Bin Locations. Is there a way of recreating them individually?

I am sure that there is someone out there who will know the answer.

This should help
Topic:

An issue was recently uncovered where and item had been set-up and the Primary Location was accidentally deleted. This User Tip will show you a work around to restore the Primary Location

Background:

The problem is if the Primary Location is not created when the Item Branch is created many applications in JDE will produce an error message when the item number is keyed in (e.g. Supply & Demand) – and if you go to Location Revisions and attempt to Add the Primary Location you will receive the ‘Primary Bin Does Not Exist for Item’ Error Message which stops you from fixing the problem.

User Tip:

1) Workaround: go to Inventory Adjustment application (P4114) and create one line adjusting the stock into the primary location, then a second line adjusting the opposite quantity out of the location – OK through the Warning Messages
2) The Inventory Adjustment application will create the location’on the fly’ for you
Regards,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne. That's just help me fix a problem with a custom app I've come across literally ten minutes ago!

how would the user go about adding the primary bin and location if the location wasnt created in the first place when the branch record was created?

the IA in and out works perfectly fine but is more a workaround, is there no alternative?

can the user update the "P" field or is this hidden and only available in the tables behind JDE?

thanks

Back