Changing Form Mode on Fix-Inspect Form

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
If I enter the fix inspect form in add mode, how can I change the mode to update. I thought there was a way to do this, but my mind has left me.

Please help.

You can not change the form mode within NER. The form mode is set by the system based on whether it found a record in the table based on the values passed to it via the form interconnect.

You can do one of two things, create two separate forms, which is probably not ideal, or create an update button and suppress add or update depending upon if an FI primary key value is being passed into the form.

JAB,

Perhaps if you describe the process that you want in more detail, we can help you with a work-around.

For instance,
Scenario 1 - user clicks add in F/B and enters F/I (in add mode) enters data and then wants to stay on this record in update mode. ---- Then you can set up the F/I to exit on add and put code in F/B to recall the F/I with the parameters returned (which will cause the F/I into update mode).

Or Scenario 2 - user is in F/I and uses a drop down to select the key value (assume one field - this is using the F/I as a Search screen as well....I've seen this before) and wants to enter data (either in add or update, depending on which is necessary) and then hit OK to add or update (and only exiting if Cancel is clicked). ---- The answer to this is much more involved to answer.

or Scenario 3 - user is in F/I (however he got there) and in add mode, but enters key values for which there is already a record (thus needs to get to update mode) and user doesn't want to go through any gyrations. ---- This also involves a bit of work involving A) a F/I calling itself (or an exact copy of itself), or an auto exit/ auto recall of the F/I form.

So let us know....
Ben (again)

Back