Stored Kit !!!

mateo31

Dear all
Anyone have any idea on this ?

We need to have the following set up:
- Parent stored (the final product is manufactured and stored in our warehouse
- All related components not stored for pricing and different VAT basis reasons

i.e
Parent = 1 Stereo (stored will null price)
Components = 1 Receiver, 2 speakers, 1 casette deck (not stored but with advanced pricing and different VAT basis)

I know it is impossible in standard but would you have any idea to turn around ?

Thanks
(E1 810, Oracle, Unix)

Hi there!

I would be looking at storing the Actual (physical) stereo with one item number and create a "sales product" as kit parent with the physical stereo as one component + component lines for the parts (possible the part components can be non-stock. If not, at least 0-cost so they do not affect inventory in G/L)

Just an initial thought..

Thanks
But, the problem is related to the kit balancing all along the kit life cycle. There will be no automatic link between the "physical" and the "logical".....
It's touchy..

Have you considered attaching Non-Stock Free Goods lines (for each component) to the sale of the Parent Item using Advanced Pricing? You can also specify a $ Value in the Free Goods screen for each component?

Unfortunately, the pricing for each component is more complex (numerous pricing adjustments) than a fixed unit price by free goods, above all, you don't have kit balancing because there is no link between the related order lines. And we can't consider a final order repricing bofore invoicing because we need credit limit checking during sales entering.
Thanks

Back