Setting up transportation rate

fknies

Dear List,
How is it possible to set up a RATE in percentage respect to total amount of shipment ? (I.E.: 10% on total amount of the shipment payable).

This question was already posted this summer but no answer was found, perhaps someone has it now ;-)

Thanks

Could you just set it up as an order level adjustment through advanced
pricing?

How is it possible to set up a RATE in percentage respect to total amount of
shipment ? (I.E.: 10% on total amount of the shipment payable).

This question was already posted this summer but no answer was found,
perhaps someone has it now ;-)

Thanks

Look on the Knowledge Garden for document ODS-01-0027. This talks about adding a fuel surcharge to a rate definition. You can use these steps to add a percentage to the rate that it will apply to the shipment.

Hope this helps. It worked for us - let me know if you have any questions.

As a follow-up to my last message.......

If you set this up, keep in mind that the percentage will be applied based on the charge code that you specify. We use code 010 for our base freight payable and 011 for out of route payables. When we set up the fuel surcharge, we had to have 2 rate definitions. The first was for the base fuel charge and therefore had a charge code of 010. The second was for our out of route charges so it had a charge code of 010. Our rate schedule then included both rate definitions. For example our rate definitions looks something like this:

Seq Rate Name
10 BaseRate
20 OutofRoute
30 FuelBase
40 FuelOutofRoute
50 Handlingcharge

The charge in sequence 30 applied the percentage to the amount in sequence 10. The charge in sequence 40 applied the percentage to the amount in sequence 20. The Handling charge had to follow our fuel surcharge so that we didn't apply the surcharge to it.

Let me know if this is confusing. I can send you screen shots.

Kelly and ame,

many thanks for your infos, it will be really helpful,
I keep you informed, we will run the test soon.

Regards
Fred

Back