E9.2 How to 'unmodify' an E1 object (set SIMRGMOD back to ' ')

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

During a go live project we were kind of forced to mod B0000021 (dodgy finance use of SBLT) So this became a modified base E1 object.
Now we are live and the finance year end is over etc I can revert the code back to how it was/is in PS920

My question is, is there a simpler to do this and is there a way to set that F9861 flag back to ' ' in E1 somehow?
Yes I can get form PS920 and promote back up to PD920 but there must be an easier way and E1 isn't going to know what I've done and still leave F9861.SIMRGMOD as C

P98FIX and the F9861 form?? W98FIXJ

EDIT. Yes you can use the APPL to find your object (one record per ENV) then take the form exit to see the record, click find to update it.
So I will set both MRGMOD and MRGOPT to ' '

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Hi John,

I don't think there is a simple way to reset a business function, depending on what was changed. Even if only the base B0000021.c was changed, copying the B0000021 from PS920 and promoting up the tree to PD920, compiling it and building/deploying a full package in each pathcode, including thorough testing in DV920/PY920, I believe would still be required and would probably be the safest way. I don't know if the functionality to copy the business function from one pathcode to another copies all the files. Someone like Brian Oster will know and be able to provide better advice than me.

Hi Peter

Thanks. I am doing what you've posted yes (In PY as we speak) then I use P98FIX to unset the 2 mod flags as it progresses.
The BSFN is no longer showing up on my modded objects list, which was one of my goals :)

I'm on 9.2, TR 9.2.6, what are you on?

It's a find browse linking to various fix inspects to modify F9863, F9860, F9861 and F9862

Ok... I found it. I guess I can't read this morning. I was surprised to see that it is a web-only app.

Wow! That seems like a pretty powerful little app. Looks like someone could get in trouble pretty quickly there. 😊

Thanks for helping me learn something new today!

Ok... I found it. I guess I can't read this morning. I was surprised to see that it is a web-only app.

Wow! That seems like a pretty powerful little app. Looks like someone could get in trouble pretty quickly there. 😊

Thanks for helping me learn something new today!
Put it on JDETips :)

You're welcome

Back