UBE Report produces different output on NT & AS/400 platforms

grrliegrrl75

grrliegrrl75

We're currently running OneWorld XE SP15.1. We run reports on both our AS/400 Enterprise server (V4R5), and an NT2000 Application server - it's mostly been converted to a batch server at this point. We have one report in particular that produces output on the NT box that differs from what's produced on the AS/400. All other reports produce the same output regardless of where they run.

On the AS/400, this particular sales report looks perfect. When run on the NT box, it dumps zeros into the data where there should be blanks. For example along a header row, there should be no data - just blanks. On the NT box, it dumps zeros across the row - this doesn't look good on a sales report!

This is consistent between environments, and I've rebuilt this UBE multiple times on both server - yes, they are in sync!

Has anyone see this before? I'm stumped!

OneWorld XE
AS/400 V4R5
Windows 2000/Citrix

Verify that the datasources are correct in the Server Map for your application server, also verify that the OCM mappings are correct for your application server.

This is a start

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

I've gone through all the OCM and Data Sources for that server. I can't find anything wrong! Thanks for the suggestion, though - I hadn't checked all the mappings, I had just check DDict.

I can get all zero's to suppress if I change the edit code on the fields in question to K (from J), but that suppresses ALL the zero's in that field. In the detail of the report, there should be zero's where a calculation results in zero, just not on the header rows.

This is a tabular report - I'm told by our programmers that we'd have to re-write the entire report in order to fully control where we want to see zero's, and where we don't. This still doesn't tell me why we're getting different results on different platforms. I'd really like to avoid having someone re-writing this report.

Any other suggestions?

OneWorld XE
AS/400 V4R5
Windows 2000/Citrix

Have you checked all your ODBC settings. ODBC, especially with AS/400,
can be very tricky!
Check the ODBC from your NT server going out to the AS/400 database.

Gerd

Back