Which .exe to install TR 9.1.0.1

mtrottier

Well Known Member
This should be a very simple task but I want to confirm.
I'm doing an upgrade using a new deployment server. I did the Deployment server install and now I want to install the 9.1.0.1 tools release.

In the past I always just ran the "Install Manager" exe to apply the downloaded tools release but that doesn't seem to be the case with TR 9.1.0.1

There are a bunch of different .exe under different folders of the unzipped file.

Which is the proper .exe to run to install TR 9.1.0.1?

Thanks
Mike

[ QUOTE ]
This should be a very simple task but I want to confirm.
I'm doing an upgrade using a new deployment server. I did the Deployment server install and now I want to install the 9.1.0.1 tools release.

In the past I always just ran the "Install Manager" exe to apply the downloaded tools release but that doesn't seem to be the case with TR 9.1.0.1

There are a bunch of different .exe under different folders of the unzipped file.

Which is the proper .exe to run to install TR 9.1.0.1?

Thanks
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike

Tools 9.1.x no longer uses the install manager. It now uses Oracle Universal Installer. You will also find that new packages built under tools 9.1.x use OUI as well. Take a look at the tools guide, the new process is documented fairly well.

If you have an existing workstation that you are upgrading from an earlier tools release, you will need to do a full, clean unistall of JDE before you install a package with tools 9.1.x

Make sure the old package is completely gone, right down to the registries and windows explorer, before you put the package with tools 9.1.x on. Otherwise you will have a mess to clean up.

- Gregg

What should be and easier question is where do I find the new Tools Guides for 9.1?

Believe it or not I even opened a call with Oracle about a month ago and they told me that the 9.1 guides don't exist yet!

It sounds like you found them. Where?

Back