EntrpriseOne 9.0 - Web Client

rasmianu

When I try to launch an application using an HTML client, it gives an error "Unable to start Web Client".

Please let me know how to fix this issue and use the HTML client for running the applications.

rasmianu,

Firstly congratulations on your first post.

This may be a lttle difficult to solve, without more information.

Here is what should always be included in requests for help: What is your system config (including: platforms, database, versions, etc. also include the development web client installed the development/admin fat client)? What is in the debug log of the problem? What have you done to try and solve your own problem and what were the results?

More specific information required is: Which application are you trying to launch, is it a custom application. Is it a customised standard application? Are you trying to launch from within OMW?

Please provide as much information as you can.

We are on Windows 7 using Oracle as our database. I do have both Fat client and Web client for Production and development. Yes trying to launch the application using OMW HTML Client (I was able to run directly on the web using web Fast path).

rasmianu,

Thanks for the additional information, but we need more.

What is your enterprise server and operating system (eg Sun running Solarus 10)?
What is your database server and operating system (eg Sun running Solarus 10)?
What is your database and version (eg Oracle 10g)?
What is your version of JDE EnterpriseOne (eg 8.11 sp1)?
What is your JDE Tools Release (eg 8.97.2.1)?
What is your Web server, operating system and web application server (Intel running Windows Server 2003 and Websphere 6.1)?
What is your Web Development Client (eg WebSphere Express)?
What is the application you are trying to launch (eg P0006)?
Has the application you are trying to launch been modified or is it a custom application?
Have you got a debug log of the attempt to launch the application? If you do, attach it to your post. If you don't - create one and attach it to your post.
What have you done to try to fix it yourself? What happened?
Can you launch a different, standard, unmodified application (eg P0006)?

Please answer ALL the questions above.

My guess is that you do not have a web development client installed on the development fat client. If this is the case, then you will need to install one.

I believe you need to be at least tools 8.98.4.2 for the web to work in Windows 7.

8.98.4.2 is required for windows7/2008R2
You have to add the web client via 3rd party webdevfeature, I recommend using the OAS one. Its the easiest to setup.
Make sure your JDE.ini pathcode references are all to DV900. If not the web dev is setup incorrectly. You can try to debug it, but it's a waiste of time. Just fix your JDE.ini (all pathcode references to DV900) and reinstall the webdev feature.

Back