Rename Enterprise Server (iSeries)

nrferrie

I've searched JDE List, Oracle KB and opened a ticket with Support, but can't find any docs or straight answers. I hope someone can tell me where to find some helpful docs or give some pointers.

I'm setting up a lab environment on an isolated network. I've restored the Enterprise Server with a different name. I've restored a FAT client and modified ODBC, JDE.INI, Etc. I am able to successfully login, submit UBE's etc.

What do I need to do on the Deployment Server to configure it for the renamed Enterprise Server and clean up the old Enterprise Server?

Thanks in advance.

I thought I replied to this earlier, but I don't see it so I must have dreamed it ...

Frankly, I am surprised you were able to log in and run a UBE without changing the Data Source Definitions (both System and Server Map). At least, you didn't mention it.

I don't believe there is such a white paper on changing the name of an Enterprise Server. There are just too many places where that might pose a problem, so I think your best bet is to create and run an Installation Plan that adds the new Enterprise Server, and will change all the Data Source Definitions too.

Sorry, I failed to mention changing the System and Server maps on the iSeries. I have run an installation plan and it created the Server map for the new server name, but no system map for the new server. In P986115 I only see an entry for the old server. Although it is pointing to the new server because of the changes in ODBC, I'd like to change the name. Where can I manually change this name? Below is what I'm seeing.

Machine Name | Data Source
|
(local) | Planner-812
OLDNAME | System-812
OLDNAME | OLDNAME-812 Server Map
NEWNAME | NEWNAME-812 Server Map

I found it. I missed it in the Planner database. I had to manually change the entry in the F98611 table. It doesn't seem to automatically create it for the new server.

Thanks.

Please see the below doc on my support for more info:

E1: INST: How to Change Out an iSeries Enterprise Server for XE [ID 644561.1]

Back