Roles in XE linked to tasks

Bulldog

In Oneworld XE users are allocated Roles, each of these roles has a series of associated tasks which the user can see when they log in and select that role. Is there a table or link that can identify which role is associated with the tasks that it displays to the user when they select this specific role. I can see the F95921 - Role Relationships table and the F9000 tasks table but I cannot see a link between them. It would be greatly appreciated if someone knows how to define how each role knows what tasks it has associated..

[ QUOTE ]
In Oneworld XE users are allocated Roles, each of these roles has a series of associated tasks which the user can see when they log in and select that role. Is there a table or link that can identify which role is associated with the tasks that it displays to the user when they select this specific role. I can see the F95921 - Role Relationships table and the F9000 tasks table but I cannot see a link between them. It would be greatly appreciated if someone knows how to define how each role knows what tasks it has associated..

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulldog

In XE, there is two different menu options. You have the OneWorld Explorer, and the Solution Explorer Task view.

XE is the release where they introduced Solution Explorer. Customers had an option. Most chose to continue to use the OneWorld Explorer. With OneWorld explorer, each group was assigned a menu. Security was defined in the F00950 table. OneWorld menus were not part of a common tree, so it made it very easy to create a simple menu for the user.

Solution Explorer was designed around the end-user task view. As designed, there is one menu for all users. Then you used the "fine cut" tool to hide menu items and menu branches from the users to simplify their menu tree.

In XE, unlike 9.0, there is no direct link between security and the solution explorer menu. Assigning someone a solution explorer role in XE has NOTHING to do with the security group that they are assigned to. Also, in XE, there is a one to one relationship between a user and their security group. The concept of assigning multiple roles came along in a later release.

Hope that helps a bit. - Gregg

Thanks for the advice. Looking at F9006 I can now see the links between a role - VARUSER column name and the child and parent tasks. When the task is changed from say active to non-active a record is inserted into the F9006 table to say this has been done. When the user logs in and assigns themselves that role the table change is noted and the system knows to make that particualar task non-active (you can see whi made the change in the audit fields so its pretty easy to track who made what changes which is why I was asking the question in the first place.

I am assuming that when a new role is created all the tasks in that role are active - F9000/F9001, its only when a change happens to make a task inactive does the F9006 come into play.

thannks again - just needed a nudge in the right direction and all else fell into place...

In its simplest form, an F9006 N record hides the task for the role. The Y records are ignored and serve no purpose. Note there are also active / inactvive flags on the F9000 and F9001 which seem to get used less as JDE moves through the releases (ie they both got used in xe).

Back