Local admin rights for web users

Bago

Do you grant this to your users?
Is this necessary for JDE in general apart from a few Active X control for Excel exporting?

I did not thought that this is necessary for Web Servers compared to the old school, FAT clients. Currently debating whether this is CNC work or if this is infrastructure's remit.

I like to know what else JDE will install onto the local machine apart from a few cookies.

Bago
------------------
E1 8.12
SQL Svr
Web Svrs

Hi,

Web client will install the Excel and MediaObj ActiveX
components, that's why you need those permissions.
It will also leave some cookies, .js scripts to render
the GUI and a copy of every PDF you open at WSJ (on
the %temp% folder of your Web client).

Our infrastructure team created a .msi installer that installs the ActiveX files to all users PCs and they did a one time push as a background process so they did not have to grant users admin authority to their PCs.

We only give our users "power-user" roles on their PC, we don't want them installing software, but extensions are fine, and E1 (8.12) works great how we're setup!

We use Group Policy to install the two ActiveX components, and have had no complaints or problems with users having lower privliges

Hello, im interesting with the exact process to deploy the activeX with Active Directory GPO.

Our users are not have admins right and i dont find any technotes on peoplesoft knowledge site explained "how deployed the excel activex" on desktop

Thanks in advance for your help or if its possible to download your .msi package

Best Regards
Sorry for my bad english

JDE Enterprise One 8.12 Tools 8.97.1.1, Windows 2003 Enterprise Server R2

Finallly figured out what it is.

2 Active X files.

1) JDEExcelAutoU Control => For Excel Import/Export
2) JDEWebRTFEditU control => Media Object Viewer /Attachments

After a lot of faffing around with the IE settings... -_- ...
I made it download manually. Now I can roll out to all machines.

Back