Printqueue PDF already exist..

Slibra

We are getting this issue sometimes, when a user try to view the pdf from work with submitted job it gives error message '..\printqueue\actualfilename.pdf already exist in your printqueue (in use or read-only) and cannot be updated, please remove it and retry.'

Even if pdf already exist in printqueue on thin client, it should just go ahead and open it for view, but we are getting above errors. Anyone has seen this issue or any ideas what to look for. I have checked the permission on folders it looks fine.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks
Sam

We get this on Citrix and inducates that some other user has it open or the pdf has not been closed correctly.

On your citrix servers - do you have adbobe acrobat or acrobat reader installed ? What version of acrobat are you running ?

I've also seen that, if the user receiving the error message removes the file from their PrintQueue (in their Citrix home directory) the file will open. I've also seen the file become "locked" by another user, but did not have time to research whether or not the two users were sharing a PrintQueue location for Citrix (bad thing if they are).

Back