Assigning new job queue to existing UBE's

peterfourie

Assigning new job queue to existing UBE\'s

We have a single threaded job queue....have setup a multi threaded job queue and now want to assign the multi queue to those reports that can be run in multi mode. Where do I go to assign this multi queue to selected UBE/Versions?

It would be nice if it was possible to update a table with this value, but I fear it is not so simple.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

E1 8.11 SP1
Tools 8.95 N1
Intel, Oracle 9i

Re: Assigning new job queue to existing UBE\'s

I'm assuming you are indicating that your initial, main queue is single threaded, and therefore, all UBE's, per default, run there. Why then, would you not simply make the "old/original" multi-threaded, and make the "new" single, and only alter the UBE Versions that need to be single threaded. There are exponentially less UBE's needing to run single than can run in multiple.

Jim,

You are correct in your assumption and your suggestion is definitely the logical way to do it.

The question is: how do I assign a new queue to the single theaded UBE's? Can I just update a table out there for these UBE's with the new queue name? Or do I have to craete an OMW project, check out all the versions of UNE's that I want to be single threaded, assign the new job queue to the versions and then check them back in again?

Thanks.

If you have the job queue assigned in the UBE version, what you suggested is the cleanest way to do it (check out each version, change it, and promote it up).

We tried to change the job queue via SQL in the table without success and ended up doing it the way listed above.

No

Theres a tool for that

Go to Pastuhovs website - www.everestsoftint.com and look at "Update Queue Names in Versions"

website is :

http://www.everestsoftint.com/index.asp?a=browse&p=Update%20Queue%20Names%20In%20Versions

for $1199 - you can change queue names whenever you feel like it across the board !

There are other, more advanced, techniques - including my own "load balancer" which is for companies running thousands of UBE's a day across multiple application servers - but this simple tool is a cheap, effective method of changing your queue names !

Queue is in the BLOB...that's why you need one of the tools listed by Sir Quark.

I don't know of any native RDB value that has this...it's contained in the BLOB of the versions table from what I've seen.

Back