8.12 Installing issues

upkguy

Hi Everyone! I'm installing 8.12 on Win2k3 Server/SQL2000 and want to know if anyone else is running into these issues. 1. Total of 6 cd's for Platform Pack but CD3 is never requested during installation. 2. Creating a Typical installation plan, the plan finalizes just fine. When I move to Installation Workbench, unattended mode, the WB halts when it gets to Package Workbench with an error: Unable to insert record into package manifest;Package manifest not created. If nobody else has seen these, can you tell me how to get around? Thanks!

I did the following for the 8.12 and everything were gone smothhly:
I am using this style, MDAC 2.8, MS .Net and NT2k3 SP1 and SQL 2000 SP4 if something goes wrong may be your download packet was not perfect try redownload again and reinstall, and websphere 6 on the JAS so straight forward cool manhttp://www.jdelist.com/ubb/images/icons/cool.gif
cool

Gentlemen,

Do you have UTB working? - mine gives me "Invalid Cursor State" in debuglog and refuses to find any tables...

I got the same thing. I ignored it and closed the window.

I have finished with Deployment Server part just now.
I am able to open UTB in planner. Tables are opening successfully.
Further, i can comment after complete instllation.

Thanks.

This error is SQLServer-specific. I'll try experimenting with different MDAC's...

Re: RE: 8.12 Installing issues

Excellent! It did help in my case. Many thanks!

My ES installation is hanged up. We have started the ES installation on Friday. Completed with CD NO 1,2,3. The installation hanged in CD 4.
The message on Installion screen is "Creating and populating the ORCL database for selected environmnet ......."

What should i do? Cancel or wait for the process.
How much time does it take for you setup to finish with ES part?

Database : Oracle 10G R2, 32 Bit
MDAC : 2.81

I have downloaded the CD's from Edelivery.

Sam

This step certainly takes a long while - check if it's using any CPU or there's any disk activity on the Server.

If yes, then it's probably still doing something. If not, then it has probably really died...

The CPU utilization was very less and it was looking no process was running.

So i have finally killed the process. Can anyone tell that what part does CD 4, 5 and 6 do.

Why don't you try just copy all the CD to one folder, make disk1 to disk6 (the same with deployment). And let it work by them self, you can enjoy cofee when installing not changing the CD every time. I did install like that, event the UTB issue no problems.

Completed ES part of Installation on 8.12. Successful PortTest also done.

I would be starting with WebServer now. If anyone have done this before on 8.12, then i would like you to share the experience.

Further, does anyone know what is this Web Server Gateways? Its something new?

File permissions.

Make sure you are logging in as the JDE windows use that was created as a local admin.

[ QUOTE ]
the WB halts when it gets to Package Workbench with an error: Unable to insert record into package manifest;Package manifest not created. If nobody else has seen these, can you tell me how to get around? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, YES, make sure to install WAS as a local admin, I did not and I had to re-install my web server. Oracle is looking into seeing if it can be changed to domain account once the system is installed, because our company will allow local admin to run services on a PROD server. Another thing is you should user WASService to create a service for to start your JAS instance or NDM node, if you don't then once you log off your web server all the services will die. There is a little issue with the service not staying up consistently and again Oracle is working on this for me, it is an issues with WAS and windows 2003 SP1, it does not happen to every server, so it is something random.

Also in your HTTPD file the way the have the profiles section at the end is not correct, you have to edit it to get it to work.

Good Luck.
cool.gif

My Full Pkg is giving error with of Database Driver.

Client Build is done successfully. On Server build startup the following error shown in jde.log
JDB9900436 - Cannot determine database driver name for driver type "O"

My databse is Oracle 10G R2 and Set is on Intel NT.
Database client is installedon machine.

(I have attached the jde.log)

Attachments

• 107655-log.txt.txt
    4 KB · Views: 203
For those of you who are using WAS5/6 and still leaving someone logged in to the console as you start your JAS servers from a batch file:

WASService -add DV -servername AS_Development -wasHome "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer" -logfile "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\AS_JS_Development\startServer.log" -logRoot "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\AS_Development" -restart true

This will create a service called IBM Websomethingortheother - DV, based on an application server called AS_Development.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing is you should user WASService to create a service for to start your JAS instance or NDM node, if you don't then once you log off your web server all the services will die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WASService -add DV -servername AS_Development -wasHome "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer" -logfile "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\AS_JS_Development\startServer.log" -logRoot "c:\Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\AS_Development" -restart true

[/ QUOTE ]

I have that sort of working but it is crashing occasionally with the -logRoot pid error message, but apart from that even if you have the service running and you log out of the machine and log back in and goes into NDM console all your servers are showing up as unavailable but all the services on the windows side is running and E1 is up and running. I have a call open with oracle on this, from what I understand this has been an issue since 5.0.2.

Back