Oracle HTTP Server with Oracle Application Server 10g (10.1.2)

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
On Peoplesoft site I found this document 201003381- "E1_HTML_client_performance_tips-revised_final.doc".
It illustrates how to improve performance for EnterpriseOne Web Interface. It gives some information about settings (compression...) for HTTP Server 2. Are these settings applicable to Oracle HTTP Server with Oracle Application Server 10g (10.1.2)?
thanks inadvance
gigi

thanks a lot OJDE,
Do you know any module based on OHS/Apache 1.3 for compression or to improve performance for Web Server?
Gigi

You can probably do several things -- configure a WebCache OHS instance or other reverse proxy in front of the first listener or something like that. Or, you can get a mod_oc4j plugin for a normal Apache and simply not use their OHS. I think you can use mod_gzip with their 1.3 configuration. Either way, you are on your own. Here is what they are saying, for example, in the same documents:

1.7 Can I compress output from OHS (ex. gzip)?
In general, the recommendation is to use Web Cache for this purpose. There are other freeware
modules (for example, mod_gzip) that may be plugged in for this purpose - but their use is not
supported.

Back