Fat Client that Thinks it is a Terminal Server

Stephen Lewis

Hello,

This is my first posting here and I apologise if this question has already been answered - I have searched but to no avail.

The client I am working at is running One World Xe SP22 Rev9.

We currently have a fat client machine that thinks it's a terminal server - for some reason when we submit a ube it's calling TSE_CanUserUpdate. This situation occurs only on our production server (not development of course!)

I have checked security and the security settings are the same in both JDE environments being used for the object involved.

Then I thought what if it's something in the JDE.INI?
So I looked for the usual OWDEVELOPER=TRUE and it was the same in both INI files.

So I used WINDIFF to do a comparison between the JDE.INI's for the machine that doesn't call TSE_CanUserUpdate and the machine that does. The only real difference (other than environment stuff) that I could find was

TAMMultiUserOn=0
On the machine that doesn't call the function

TAMMultiUserOn=1
On the machine that does

Can anyone tell me
A) what this .ini setting actually means
B) If it would convince a fat client it was a terminal server

If anyone can give me another reason why one box would be calling TSE_CanUserUpdate on submitting a UBE and one box wouldn't I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks!

Stephen

Stephen

I would get rid of or comment out the OWDEVELOPER=TRUE, this only applies to a deployment server or Terminal server.
The jde.ini file on my client machine has TAMMultiUserOn=0. Hope this helps.

Patty

TAMMultiUserOn=1 is a setting used for terminal servers to allow multiple users to access TAM files. TAM files are the runtime form for central objects which are on the client side or in this case the terminal server side. Setting it to 1 is probably what is causing your FAT client to think it is a terminal server so setting it back to 0 should solve the problem.

Back