Version 8.11 :New to: Help

Murli

Hello,
I am new to JDE Enterprise One 8.11. I am looking for the following:
1) Installation Manual.
2) Architecture Manual/Diagram.
3) For the default installation, does it come with a demo data? If yes, how do you access it?

I am in the evaluation phase.
Thanks,
Murli

Suggestion - contact Oracle and get some training? This is major league software that you cannot just poke your way through......

Look for the Standalone edition of 8.11 SP1. There is demo data supplied with it. You also get demo data with full 8.11, the PS811 environment is a set of pristine objects and demo data. A full blown edition of 8.11 is much more complicated to install - there are so many ways to configure it it isn't possible to explain it all in a post to JDELIST.

Anderson,
Thanks. Without the installation manual, wit h my experience with other EPRs like Oracle, SAP, etc. I was able to install all the technology stacks without any error. But without the installation manual, I didn't know what the demo userid, password and environment are for login. Secondly I wanted to know what is the default url to login into the web version. I am able to login as psft/psft to the psftplan environment. But that doesn't have the demo data.
Please let me know if you can answer this. I am in Dallas. My email id is [email protected]. If you can email me your phone number or email id, I can get in touch with you.

Thanks for your help.
Murli

Hello Greg,
Thanks for your suggestion. But that's exactly what I was able to do and successfully install all the technology stack, without the installation manual. Believe me, all the ERP's today, have pretty much same technology stack.
Thanks,
Murli

is 8.11 developer tools is different then 8.10. I mean I need to read new programming, or a little change??

Thanks

If you're used to developing for a fat client or Citrix thin client, that changes with 8.11. The fat client is still around for development purposes, but the end-user client interface is being developed strictly for the web. This means you should have an "express" version of a web app server loaded on the same development workstation to test your work before it is put into a prototype or production environment. The MS C compiler is now the .NET 7.0 version (though the software isn't taking advantage of .NET, it is just using the C compiler portion for your busbuilds.)

If most of what you are used to developing is interfaces or integrations between applications, its pretty much the same thing. For the time being, you still have your NER and C business functions, OMW is still your primary development environment, etc.

As the Oracle technology stack starts to bleed in as part of Fusion middleware and ultimately Project Fusion, more options will be available.

Has anyone had issue with OMW in 8.11. We've had all sorts of issue with OMW since upgrading to 8.11. I have to uninstall the reinstall the development client once every few weeks or so. Our biggest issues center around checking in/out objects.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone had issue with OMW in 8.11. We've had all sorts of issue with OMW since upgrading to 8.11. I have to uninstall the reinstall the development client once every few weeks or so. Our biggest issues center around checking in/out objects.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been having occasional blips where it can't find the database connection but then retrying it finds it.

Also, OMW was extremely slow at starting. Make sure to modify the P98220|ZJDE0001 version to point to the correct MO Queue setting and html path.

Grant.

Back