E9.0 JDE Upgrade Question 9.0 to 9.2

Paddy

Hello Everyone,

We are planning a JDE version upgrade from 9.0 (Tools 9.1.3.1) to Latest 9.2 version and I believe we are on 9.0 Update 1. In order to do an upgrade what is the recommended path as I know we can do a direct upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2. Is there an option to go from JDE 90 Update 1 to Jde90 Update 2 and then go to 9.2 using the Simplified Upgrade process? Do we see any benefit following this path if at all it is possible?

This is never easy to answer as it has SO MANY variables. In general: Sure, everything is possible, but what do you want or what does your business need? Are you heavily modified with 24/7 production dependant on JDE? Are you just using one module of JDE besides three other system and it's only 10 users, so you can shut down for a full four working days? People and companies are spending weeks on Upgrade planning and they don't do it for the fun of it :)

Maybe start with this DocID:
Upgrade Advisor: JD Edwards (JDE) EnterpriseOne 9.2 (Doc ID 2320843.2)
or here:

Here's a thread on Simplified Upgrade. It has some pitfalls that you might want to consider and depending on situation might not be for you:

Also, please use the Search functionality of JDEList next time.

Hello Everyone,

We are planning a JDE version upgrade from 9.0 (Tools 9.1.3.1) to Latest 9.2 version and I believe we are on 9.0 Update 1. In order to do an upgrade what is the recommended path as I know we can do a direct upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2. Is there an option to go from JDE 90 Update 1 to Jde90 Update 2 and then go to 9.2 using the Simplified Upgrade process? Do we see any benefit following this path if at all it is possible?
In my opinion, it is not worth trying to do a two-step upgrade just to be able to take the simplified upgrade path. Back in ~2015 when 9.2 was released the simplified upgrade made sense because it could reduce the amount of retrofit you would have to do on standard modified objects because the delta between the code bases (9.0 Update 2 and 9.2) was less. 8 years later with 9.2 Update 8, you can be almost certain that any standard object you modified in 9.0 would have since changed in 9.2 and therefore would be overwritten and require a retrofit. So a traditional upgrade won't necessarily result in more retrofit work than a simplified upgrade at this point, not to mention the additional effort to do a two-step process. Just my 2 cents! Good Luck with your project

In my opinion, it is not worth trying to do a two-step upgrade just to be able to take the simplified upgrade path. Back in ~2015 when 9.2 was released the simplified upgrade made sense because it could reduce the amount of retrofit you would have to do on standard modified objects because the delta between the code bases (9.0 Update 2 and 9.2) was less. 8 years later with 9.2 Update 8, you can be almost certain that any standard object you modified in 9.0 would have since changed in 9.2 and therefore would be overwritten and require a retrofit. So a traditional upgrade won't necessarily result in more retrofit work than a simplified upgrade at this point, not to mention the additional effort to do a two-step process. Just my 2 cents! Good Luck with your project
Thanks, this makes sense.

This is never easy to answer as it has SO MANY variables. In general: Sure, everything is possible, but what do you want or what does your business need? Are you heavily modified with 24/7 production dependant on JDE? Are you just using one module of JDE besides three other system and it's only 10 users, so you can shut down for a full four working days? People and companies are spending weeks on Upgrade planning and they don't do it for the fun of it :)

or here:

Here's a thread on Simplified Upgrade. It has some pitfalls that you might want to consider and depending on situation might not be for you:

Thanks for sending the documentation, Very Helpful!

or here:

Back