Applications Pulling incorrect data

SWoodfin

I am in serious need of help. Sometime after our last full package build our fat clients have started getting strange results. An example is when some goes to P4101 and views category codes, the values from one field in the database appear in another form field. I have verified that the data in F4101 is correct it is being displayed incorrectly. Fat Clients that already JITI this application are fine, but anyone who hasn't been to this application and goes there now and JITI gets the strange results. Any ideas, and this application has not been changed.

Thanks,

JDE OW B7332, iSeries 400 v5r2

Probably not likely culprits, but perhaps to at least rule them out...

A) You say the P4101 was not modified, but was the underlying BSVW modified recently?

B) Have you made any direct db updates to the F4101 file, bypassing the JDE layer? Are there ANY null values in any of the fields/rows? I know we ran into some very strange results on a f/b grid where we had appended some records via the 'back door', but allowed some null values to creep in. We learned that lesson well.

Delete user overrides for the applicatons/forms in question. Problems will then disappear.

Found the problem. I can finally breathe again. The table had not been changed, the business view had not been changed nor the underlying table structure on the as/400. The problem was one of our developers changed the length of a dd item that was used in approxiamately 20 tables. The size was changed from 8 to 12 and data items to the right of where this column existed in the table structure where being pulled incorrectly. This explains why the package worked correctly at first. Basically the problem was anyone that went to JITI one of these tables for the first time was building new global table specs with the wrong field size (but the underlying table on the 400 was still 8). So if you had pulled down the table specs for these tables before the dd change you were fine, because the dd change only updates your dd specs not the global table specs you already have. Only future JITI of tables is affected.

Hope that makes sense. All I know is I'm extremely relieved now. Changed the size back, deleted dddict, ddtext and gltbl on affected machines and all is well.

Back