Obtain a file using FTP

EnjoyLife

Does anyone know a way we can receive a file through FTP from within One World Xe?

Currently we are using CommerceRoute to obtain the file from an FTP server.

Release: B7334
Service Pack: 22
Oracle database

You can do it as follows:

Write a UBE that calls BSFN B34A1030 (I think this is it - it is the BSFN that calls external system programs). From B34A1030 call a script on the server (NT, Unix, AS/400) to run the FTP process to GET the desired file from the remote FTP server and load the retrieved file into a text file in a directory on the server. From the same script run the Oracle SQL Loader utility to load the flat file into a relational custom table set up in EnterpriseOne. You may then have to write a second UBE (or use the same one) to read the relational custom table and load into the desired base JDE table.

My 2 cents. Good Luck!

EnjoyLife <[email protected]> wrote:
Does anyone know a way we can receive a file through FTP from within One World Xe?

Currently we are using CommerceRoute to obtain the file from an FTP server.

Release: B7334
Service Pack: 22
Oracle database

Thanks eagleraplh...shall try that.

I now need to figure out a way to write a Windows 2000 script for the FTP part.

See if you can find an example a.bat file on the internet to do this. Look for a Windows 2000 script for communicating with an FTP server.

You will need the IP address, a valid user id, and password for the FTP server.

The .bat file needs this command:

FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The FTP command has an input file and an output file. The input file looks like:

xxxxxxxx yyyyyyyy (xxxxxxxx = user id, yyyyyyyy = password)
CD xxxxxxxx (folder on FTP server when desired file resides)
GET xxxxxx.xxx c:\yyyyyyyyy.xxx (xxxxxx.xxx is file in folder xxxxxxxx that you want to download and c:\yyyyyyyyy is you destination flat file on your system)

The output file in some cases is a print out and can be directed to an output .txt file

This is a general description of how irt works. Please find more information on the Internet and good luck.

Danny McMillian

EnjoyLife <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks eagleraplh...shall try that.

I now need to figure out a way to write a Windows 2000 script for the FTP part.

Back