How to generate individual HTML objects

fortylove

Were relatively new to using the web client and have documentation for a "full" Gen of our HTML objects but do not know how to generate (for example) two objects, kind of like an update package. Could someone kindly point us in the right direction or if you have any documentation for generating individual objects it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

XE, Update 7, SP 22_l1, OS/400, A7.3, cumm 11

Please see the section in the JAS Installation Guide, "Creating a Bulk Generation File" for more explanation. With that file you can generate one or multiple objects. The file used by that process is also generated by update packages to contain all objects in your update package.

Hope this helps!

Dan

It is very easy to do.. Just remember that the objects need to be checked out to your Gen machine.

I think this is what you meant, but just to keep from causing confusion...
the objects don't need to be checked out to the generation machine, you just
need to have the correct specs on the generation machine.

If you don't want to make a bulk generation file, you can generate
the objects by choosing the type of object from the Generate menu
within the generator and then filling in the object name.

Fortylove,

From the generator enter the appropriate information then press
Select either direct gen or enter the webserver name:port number

Enter JAS Server Name:
Example
SERVERNAME:80

Now Press <Connect>. Once the database connection is made, the window will appear with all the object types and a bunch of status bars next to them. From this screen, at the top you will see <FILE> <GENERATE> <LOGS> <OPTIONS> and <HELP>.

Select <GENERATE>

From here select what type of object you want to generate.
Example: If you wanted to generate the P4210 select <Applications>

In the this screen you have several options, I usually just type in the Application Name: i.e. P4210.

Now press <Start> to generate the application.

*Note: For completion wait until all objects from Queue have been saved and wait a couple of seconds before generating another object or exiting. (The dos window that is launched when you execute the gen.bat is a good place to monitor what is occurring)

If you do not type in a form name it will generate all forms of the P4210 (W4210A, W4210E, etc....)

Good Luck.

Back