Security

mkellow

Hi Everyone,

At present i am having problems that i suspect to be security related . The symptoms are as such . When a user executes a menu command or expands a menu it can take up to 5 minutes. Everything seems to be ok when in the particular program . It seems to be only when they first load the program .

Has anyone else had this Problem ? If so can you let me know what you did to resolve it .

Oneworld XE sp 21 , as400 v5r1 , fat clients on windows xp

We had a similar problem with Win XP. Our solution was to go back to Win 2000...
We tried new ODBC drivers, new packages.. nothing improved the speed. We have only very few XP boxes, so its not a problem for us at the moment. But if anybody knows a better solution.. XP will come someday...

Oliver

I had a problem like that once. It happend everytime the deployment server was not available. I never found out why it happend.

Gerd

It is trying to load the HTML documentation related to the link in ActiveConsole. Launch P98MOQUE and try changing the path for "ActivEraData" to a location which is available.

You also want to turn off the WIN/XP System Restore option. This has been known to cause performance (amoung other) problems.

Back