Netfinity card and CD ROM

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello all,

We are experiencing an issue where the netfintin card in our AS/400 can see the cd-rom drive, and the device manager says it's working properly, however, when I put a CD in the drive, it doesn't recognize that a cd has been placed in it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Have you tried a different CD? I've seen this happen in the past where some CDs aren't accessible in our CD-ROM but they work fine in other non-as400 CD-ROMs.

Dan,

Yes, it works fine, and I can map a drive to another system and install software that way. However, it would be nice to utilize the cd-rom on the server.

Matthew

Is it a CD drive or a DVD drive? I have an AS/400 with both, and the CD drive works great, but I've had problems with the DVD drive not reading PTF's on IBM CD's. I had the wildest conversation with IBM hardware trying to tell me that the DVD drive that they put on my AS/400 might not be able to read an IBM CD. I had to send in the CD so they could prove to themselves that it would work. Eventually I got the CD back and it finally did load, through the DVD player. I think it's just one of those drives that you have to allow to sit for 5 minutes after loading a CD before you try to access it.

Back