Fat client runs OneWorld but doesn't record license

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
Fat client runs OneWorld but doesn\'t record license

We've recently moved from SP15.1 to SP20_E1 (on Oct. 26), and have had in the past few days several PC's which were loaded with a full package of OneWorld for our Production environment. OneWorld starts and runs on these fat clients fine, but if I go into the License Usage Application (P98538) program, these clients do not show up in there as consuming a license. I've called this into JDE and they gave me a workaround for these clients, which is to run the Reset Software Protection Codes (P98SRV), doing a Get Auth to get the deployment server's authorization information. After this, the PC does show up in P98SRV.

I've asked JDE what a true resolution to this issue is -- in other words, why are full package installs not recording license usage anymore? We have PC's that die or get replaced by newer PC's all the time, and we don't really want to have to go into P98SRV after a full package install just to get the license setup.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on the cause, things to check, or possible solutions to this issue. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Re: Fat client runs OneWorld but doesn\'t record license

We recently went from Xe SP14.1 to SP20_H1 and were told by our consultants that we may need to apply a fix for fat client not holding a licence. We didn't need to as it happens but the fix is in ESU associated with SAR 5318211. Might help.

Attachments

• 45966-Required ESU for XE with SP17.1 or higher.doc
    24 KB · Views: 90
Re: Fat client runs OneWorld but doesn\'t record license

Hi Don,
I suggest you focus your Company resources (time / money & enthusiasm) on fixing issues affecting YOUR business.
My educated guess is that JDE will take care to fix this issue (affecting THEIR business) in a future update :)
Warm regards,

Back