XML Publisher on E1 8.12

raj12345

Hi Everyone,

I want to work on XML Pulisher. There are two major application for working on XML Publisher. P95600 and P95620.

Currently, i am working on E8.12 Demo version. I never find these P95600 and P95620 in advance search of OMW.

Can anyone help me regarding this issue? what are the requirement for working on XML publisher?

If anyone require more clarification regarding this, Please ask me.....!!!!!

Regards
Raj Kumar
E1 8.12

According to this (Oracle Doc 653633.1), you cannot really use the XML Publisher functionality, because it is dependant on one of the JDE kernels running on an Enterprise Server, which you don't have with StandAlone.

Also, if you cannot see certain objects in your OMW, then the only way to get them would be to take the ESU that contains them. This is also not possible with StandAlone.

The one thing you can do is download the Word plug-in, and play around with creating and modifying templates. There is preview functionality, so you can see how they will look when printed. You just won't be able to go through the full process of generating XML files, attaching a template, and having everything run together.

Just a suggestion,
consider to use a combo installation of JDE instead demo version. It can run on recent laptop and virtual machine.

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your suggestion....!!

but i have few questions regarding Combo installation of JDE.

1. I have latest laptop with Windows 7 (Home Basic). am i able to install combo installation of JDE?

2. First time i am hearing about Combo installtion of JDE. from where can i find the setup of combo installation of JDE?

3. I have read on oracle site that all version of jde only work upto windows XP. will it support windows 7? I already installed demo version of E1 9.0 but thats not working.

Thanks in Advance...!!

Regards.
Raj Kumar
E1 8.12

Hi,
a combo (combination) intallation is a full jde installation running all components on a single machine; oracle use combo fro triaining pourpose, I use combo for test, training, demostrations and so on.

You need a Virtual Machine (just a vmware player or virtual box or ms virtual pc), then install dep, ent, db, web on this (refear to normal mtr for installation).

Of course it's more complicated but just do it one and you have all fun you need (xmlp, web service, esu, etc...).

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your extended support....!!

i am sorry to ask you so many questions....

VMware Player is already installed on my laptop. there i am using the standalone of E1 8.12 demo version.

Actually, i am full technical consultant even i can understand functional. But whatever you are mentioning for combo installation of jde, that is more of CNC work.

If you help me, then i would like to install combo of E1 9.0. But i need some clarifications...

From where can i find the the setup for combo installation of JDE E1 9.0? is it seprate setup for dep, ent, db, web....etc.? can you send me the full process of combo jde installation?

Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

Regards
Raj Kumar
Email: [email protected]
E1 8.12

This post is related to XMLP, so open new post on how to install jde on a single machine (combo installation) and I'm sure you 'll find a lot of people from the list (I too) that help you in this process. I think this will be useful to many other guys.

Let me know....
Regards.

Bruno Condemi

Back