World Writer - How to Avoid Grand Total from printing on new page

bsush

Hi

I have created a report on F060116 (Employee Master) in World Writer. I have specified sort and level break on Pay Class field as shown in the screen shot attached herewith.

I have also set the Page Skip property for Pay Class to Y.

The report output as seen in the screen shot attached herewith shows each Pay Class on new page as required. However the Grand Total part is also show on a seperate page with the report headings.

I would like the Grand Total part to shown without the report headings. Can this be done? If yes, please tell detailed steps to achive the same.

I am on A7.3 Test Server.

Thanks in advance
bsush

Attachments

• 155695-Screen Shots.doc
    144 KB · Views: 168
Did you find your answer?

I was in WW and noted that the Sort/Totals page
allows you to state "Page Skip" as "N" for Grand Totals.

Gene

hi Gene

thanks for replying. actually i still haven't found the answer. also if you view the attachment you will see that te Page Skip for Grand Totals is already set to N.

let me know in case you have any other idea for this problem.

regards
sushant

Hmm, I must say I have never really paid much attention to the printing of the grand totals on World Writers. I don't see where you are doing anything wrong. You could experiment by taking the page skip off the pay class and see if that makes a difference on the Grand Totals printing. Though the problem with doing that is that you won't get the page skip you want when the Pay Class value changes. So even if trying that works, you may desire to leave the World Writer the way it is.
I would suggest logging a service request with Oracle Support about this and see what they suggest. The World Writer book sure does not say anything about the Grand Totals being anything unique. It could be possible that you have run across a bug. Or you may need to end up submitting an enhancment request to have the World Writer program recognize the page skip value on Grand Total Level (which won't help you today, but would in the future). I know the JD Edwards World folks are looking for user enhancement requests. And since this is something controllable by the users, I think they would be open to considering such a change.
John Dickey

Re: RE: World Writer - How to Avoid Grand Total from printing on new page

I'm doubtful that this can be done without creating a custom report. By sepcifying 'Y' on page skip for Pay Class, you're telling the system to move to a new page whenever it comes to the end of a Pay Class and prints a subtotal.
Your Grand Total is not associated with a particular Pay Class, so it's always going to print on a new page.
In your sample report, it looks like the Pay Classes are blank anyway??
I believe that if you need the grand totals printed at the bottom of the last page with no headers, you need to remove the page skip feature.

Re: RE: World Writer - How to Avoid Grand Total from printing on new page

hi Jon

The Pay Class is not blank. I have set it to Print on Change Only.

As in E1 it should be possible to print the Grand Totals on the same page even with Page Skip set to Y for Pay Class. Further Page Skip for Grand Totals is set to N.

I have logged a SR with Oracle and they say that it is not possible to avoid the report headings from being printed before the Grand Total.

Thanks

Back