Work With Payment Groups

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I am developer. I am testing Work With Payment Groups.

I have done the following:
1. Create a payment group with payment instructment of C (cheques).
2. Write the payment group.
3. Go into the payment group and undo a payment.
4. Update the payment group.

Why does the system allow me to undo a payment after the cheque has been written? Is there a business case for undoing the payment after the cheque has been written?

The cheque is recorded as a void in F04572.

Hi Catherine,
There is a business case where the Undo Payment is needed - imagine the payment instrument was wrongfully entered, and instead of a C you may have wanted an S or a V ... it happens when a new vendor or company is setup.

Until you update a payment control group, you are in the work files. When you undo a check before you update, the void does not go to F0411, F0413 and F0414. A processing option lets you send the void to F0911 for tracking purposes (remember bank account reconciliation in JDE is done in G/L not A/P).

When you undo a payment before updating, in effect the check never existed as far as the vendor is concerned. If you do not want to allow Undo, you can use security (Exit, I think) to lock it down.

If you do not allow undo, then you must update the payment control group, post the payments, void the check and post the void. If you do this, the check shows up on the inquiry forms.

Warning. The undo feature is available for electronic payment (payment instrument 'T'). When you write electronic payments, the bank file is written. If you undo (or reset) an electronic payment, the row is not deleted from the bank file and the control totals are not updated.

I personally like the idea of using Undo after printing a check so there is no record of a check having been issued and then voided in the vendor's history.

Now for the business purpose, when WorldSoftware and OneWorld were developed, impact printers were commonly used. If there was a printer jam, the Undo feature allowed users to reprint the spoiled checks. Without the Undo feature, the user would have to complete the processing of the payment control group, void and post the spoiled checks, then do a complete automatic payment process to reprint the spoiled checks.

Perfect! This is what I'm looking for!

The processing option to send void to F0911 should be turned on for auditing purposes in case the physical cheque does not get destroyed and someone tries to cash it.

Back