E9.1 Void an ACH Payment after file to transmit to bank already generated.

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hi All,

We recently introduced CTX ACH Payments, and all has gone very well. I just had a user ask if there was a way to void a payment that has been voided in JDE but may have already been written to the Transmission bank file via the F0457 - Diskette - Write Bank Diskette (generates the file for transmission)?

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Hi All,

We recently introduced CTX ACH Payments, and all has gone very well. I just had a user ask if there was a way to void a payment that has been voided in JDE but may have already been written to the Transmission bank file via the F0457 - Diskette - Write Bank Diskette (generates the file for transmission)?

Thank you,
FrankCLT
I meant to say the P0457 application, not the F0457....

I meant to say the P0457 application, not the F0457....

Hi Frank,

you can allow users to void AP Payments through P0413M Processing Options regardless a Bank data flow has been prepared.
Please consider this makes sense because it may be your bank encountered an issue (for example vendor bank account closed) in executing the payment, thus it's normal we should be able to reverse payment journal entry.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Thank you for the reply. This is actually a request with JDE. Don't know if it will ever happen. It does however cover the solutions I was thinking, 1 = Create a program that will tweak the EFT file by adjusting the record in question. Or 2 = Reverse or Undo the entire Payment Group, void the transaction and recreate the new payment group and continue as normal.

I will go with option 2 for sure.....

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Back