Where's the user and password?

cuizg

Where\'s the user and password?

Can I find the user and password in F98OWSEC? Which Fieled? Is there any encryption or decryption to see the real password?
Answers are appreciatied.

Re: Where\'s the user and password?

If you query on the table, you should see the USER field right away; it's the first one there. As for the password, that is encrypted, so you won't be able to read it.

Frankly, please don't try to decrypt it. We've already had to go through a Service Pack upgrade because somebody managed to figure out the encryption algorithm. I'm sure none of us would like to go through that again.

Be sure to let everyone at your company know you are doing that. It's possible that they would like to know the passwords too.

Good lucky with that.

I'm one of the DBA and my record in F98OWSEC was deleted by my comerade by mistake. I wanna know if there's a way to add a new record so that we don't need to re-add my user ID.

I think I should pay less attention about the decryption, but I still want to know which field is the password store in .

Since you are only missing the F98OWSEC record, all you have to do is add yourself back in the User Security application.

You could try copying a record, but you would wind up with that user's security information.

If you query the table, the password field is the only one that is a BLOB (binary object) field.

Back