Warehousing - Advanced Warehousing with Inv Cost Method = 3

diamantnoir09

Hi All,

We are currently having an issue while implementing Advanced warehousing module with Items where inv cost method = 3 (Cost keep at Location/Lot level) on OneWorld Xe. Basically the issue is that after processing a putaway confirmation (P4617), F4105 is not updated for the location/lot where the item stock is moved to. Subsequently when you try to do a replenishment/picking from that location we get an error "Cost setup not found". After debug we found that it is looking for the cost in F4105 which has not been updated.

I've come across a Warehousing FAQ that says that WMS with Inv Cost Method = 3 does not work on Xe and is considered as a future enhancement. Has anyone come across this before, or as anyone configured in 8.1x or E9 - has it been resolved?

Currently we are thinking of going for a custmoization of P4617 to insert the cost record in F4105 for each Loc/Lot at Putaway. Would help to know if in more recent versions it has been corrected. Thx for any input/advice.

What Cost Type are you using?

The only thing I have seen is that sometimes the system goes to the Primary Location to grab the cost if one did not exist before. Sometimes we set the primary locations to blank and not put a cost there on a level 3 item. This also produces the issue you have, with or without warehouse management turned on.

Adding costs to the primary locations helped in this example which was on 8.11.

Hi,
In this case we cost type = 2. I have already updated the Primary location with a cost. But on Putaway we still have the F4105 issue. Like I mentioned, we are thinking doing a customized version P4617 but after looking into coding/BSF with a dev this would be long and tedious. Its really a last resort option if we have to go there.

Are there any SAR released on that issue or for the scenario you mentioned that you might have come across? The only info mentioned in the Warehousing FAQ is this:

" Inventory cost level 3 is not currently supported with warehouse processing. Currently the inventory master business function XT4111Z1 is not called in advanced warehousing to perform costing. Enhancement Bug 10749466: COST LEVEL 3 AND WMS PROCESS has been raised for this issue, but will be considered for implementation in a future release."

This issue exists in post Xe versions as well. There are a couple of SARs on this issue Did not find any patch/ESU for it on Oracle site.

Just a follow-up on the issue, we logged a call with Oracle support and they didn't provide much help. Basically - it's not supported and there is no plan in the future to really address this. So we're on our own on this one.

We have on our side gone with early tests of customizing P4617 to insert the F4105 record for the location/lot at time of putaway/replenishment/picking. Now the early testing done has enabled us to move with the process flow but I have some concerns regarding the amount of records that would be inserted in F4105 and maybe performance in long-run. I am anticipating that maybe we would require a purge batch to maintain the size of F4105 and maybe look into F41021 as well. Other possible grey area would be stock credit notes that would require the F4105 record to get the cost when the invoice is called to create the credit note.

Has anyone had this type of customization or used cost level 3 with a high volume of records populated? Maybe share some views or tips on it. Any input/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Back