Warehouse - Manual Planner

prasach

Hi List,

I have a question in Warehouse Management.During the Putaway operation in the inbound process if we select manual planner for putaway the system is bypassing all the movement rules & setups.For eg if we have a categorised a item as heavy & light then if we do the process thru manual planner & enter the location manually then it allows a heavy item to be placed in a light location.I jist want to confirm that whether our setups are wrong or during manual planner the system overrides everything?
Regards

Sachin

Hi Prasach,

The Manual Planner is just that - it allows you to manually tell the system where you wish to perform a transaction. It does not compare your choice with locations that would have been considered had you let the warehouse suggest locations for you. From your message it sounds like you're entering a location and expecting the system to correct you... I'm afraid it won't.

You can, however, take a from exit button to Auto Suggest that will perform a suggestion for you based upon your warehouse logic.

Unfortunately, the system asumes that if you're in this screen, modifying locations, you know what you're doing, and will allow you to specify locations that are opposed to your automated warehouse logic.

Hope this helps.

Gavin

Back