Vendor Persistence in JDE

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on JDE E1 9.0, tools 8.98.42.

We are converting some vendor data from a Peoplsoft system in to JDE and one of their fields is something called VENDOR_PERSISTENCE. This apparently means something like is it a One Time only, Regular, Permanent.

Is there any field in the JDE supplier master setup that is similar to Vendor Persistence? If not we could certainly use a category code or other type field if its truly needed, but if there is something similar already in JDE I would prefer to use that.

Thanks for any input.

I suppose you could try using a different Search Type for the different types you describe. Other than that, I didn't see anything else close to what you describe; using a category code may end up being your best bet.

I converted Peoplesoft to JDE (GL, AP, AR, FA) for a client several years ago. Before I got there, they had already made the decision to convert these "Persistence" vendors all with the same address book number. Like Don said, there is no such feature in JDE. And I agree, using a different search type will probably do the trick unless you want to do what my previous client did and use only one AB number!

Back