Vendor Master Setup - Multiple remit to (payment supplier) one-to-many relationship

chiefcook2002

We know we can setup a one-to-one relationship between a vendor and payor (remit to) via alternate payee field AN85. Typically this is done to so that payments can be mailed to that supplier location. If several of the supplier share the same "Pay to" location, Factor/Special Payee field is modified in the Supplier master of each "Purchase from" records. During voucher processing, alternate payee information is pulled by the processing option setup.

If we want to just have one vendor but to have multiple remit to addresses(one-to-many relationship), how to setup without customizing any application? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Re: Vendor Master Setup - Multiple remit to (payment supplier) one-to-many relationship

I don't know how to do it automatically, however in standard voucher entry, you can override the factor/special payee to the address number of the desired remit to. You cannot override the factor/special payee in speed voucher and either of the multi-voucher entry methods. I am not sure about the multi-company and voucher match methods. The supplier will still have a factor/special payee - it defaults to the supplier number.
To help prevent errors, I would never make payments to the supplier, only to the different remit to addresses, and create a report that lists vouchers for the supplier where the supplier number and the factor/ special payee are the same.

Back