Nbr of Addr Book records required when Vendor has multi ordering locations

Nichelle

Well Known Member
We are attempting to clean up our Addr Book from past abuses. I have come across a situation that I am not quite sure how to handle. We have some vendors that have multi ordering locations with only one remit to address. I know about the Spec/Factor Payee but if we want to get down to ONE Addr Book number for both ordering and paying how can we do that in this situation when the purchase order would need to print the correct address for the vendor location we are ordering from?

I should add that our PO Print program is custom development so I an not concerned about adhering to JDE standards. What I think I would need is a place to enter the Vendor # that should be used for selecting the correct address on the PO when printed.

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Nichelle,

Well the Special/Factor Payee would solve the one remit to address for each ordering location as the remittance would always be to that address. However each order location would be like a "Ship-to Customer" in SOE and would have to have it's own address book number to store the specific address information. Not sure but you might also want to establish a parent/child relationship in the related address file to tie the records more closely. It seems some reporting in JDE is a Parent/Child relationship but the Special/Factor Payee is a Payment only type reference.

Back