E9.2 Series of JDE questions ...

JayGraff

I am working with IFS v8 and JDE v9.2 and I am looking at some modifications that I need to make in JDE to align how we are using it vs functionality permitted. I need to know the following:
  1. When sourcing a PR Line to a PO Line, I want to be able to source a new PR Line to an existing 'open' PO (not approved / not sent to Supplier). I do not believe that this is OOTB functionality (this is existing functionality in PeopleSoft, SAP, and Maximo and it really is much needed feature for Buyers) in JDE 9.2. I need to know the complexity of adding this functionality.
  2. When doing a receipt for a PO Line in E1, I want to prevent a user from creating a receipt for a PO / PO Line of Order Type = "OF". We use IFS v8 to create the receipts for these types of PO / PO Lines and it is wreaking havoc on my numbers b/c currently we can also create a receipt for this type of PO / PO Line in E1 and I end up having RBNI entries that are in error when someone also creates the receipt in IFS v8.
  3. I want to prevent a user from creating a PO / PO Line of Order Type = "OF" without being sourced from a PR / PR Line of Order Type = "OI". In other words, I want to prevent a user from a creating a PO / PO Line of Order Type = "OF" in E1 from scratch that did originate from being sourced from a PR / PR Line of Order Type = "OI". We are working on implementing a new MRP system and I need to align user behavior / system functionality with the fact that in the future, demand will come from the MRP and that will always involve a PR / PR Line.

Back