Using Cache with applications and UBE's

pbare

Well Known Member
Using Cache with applications and UBE\'s

I need some help with trying to figure out why my report doesn't seem my cache when I run on our web server.

I have created an application that allows the users to import a spreadsheet from excel. When they click OK, I have a button that determines if the records are valid or not.

If there is an error, the record is written to the cache. Once the validation is complete, a UBE is called (the cache is passed as an Interconnect value) to display all the errors for the user.

My issue is that this process works great in the FAT client and running the report locally but not when I run the report on the server.

Is there something that I am missing when it comes to running on the server. If I can't figure this out, I will have to write the records to a table, print the records and empty the table. (My supervisor doesn't want us to keep creating tables so this was one option that I was trying)

I am using EnterpriseOne 8.10

thanks
Pam
I do the clean up of the cache after the report has been printed (in the end section of the report)

Re: Using Cache with applications and UBE\'s

I bet your app and the UBE are running on different computers and the cache BSFN isn't mapped anywhere specific, right? If that's the case, how is the server supposed to see what's in the memory of the client. Remember, cache is stored in memory.

Try mapping the cache BSFN to the same machine the UBE runs on. I'm not sure if security settings on the server will get in the way, however.

How do I map the BSFN to run on the same machine. This is something I had never considered but it makes total sense that this would be my culprit.

Since UBEs run all BSFNs inside the same 'runbatch' process as the UBE logic when the bsfn and ubes run on the same server, and your cache is built inside a CALLOBJ 'jdenet_k' kernel, they can't see the same data because they are different processes.

In addition to that, if you ran the UBE an a diff server from the BSFN, mapping the BSFN to the same server the app ran on using OCM, there is no guarantee that your interactive process and your batch process would be connecting to the same callobj 'jdenet_k' kernel - so, in that case it might work sometimes, and it might not.

What you are doing just isn't supported - the architecture doesn't work that way.

Just map the BSFNs that do the reading and writing of cache to the same batch server, you will probably also need some server maps as well as the system map.

Back