User Issue

Time

Good day everybody

environment as follows:
Release: 811SP1
Service Pack: 8.95 D1
Platform/Database: AIX 5.3 and db2 8.1.1.58

Problem as follows:
When user needs to approve purchase orders, he opens up the approve screen, it defaults his address book number, * for branch plant. He clicks find – process takes about 10 to 18 minutes, searches through about 8000 rows to bring back about 55 or so unapproved items. When I logged in on his computer and searched for my outstanding orders, it took about 10 to 15 seconds to bring back 60 odd unapproved items – about 5 seconds longer than working at head office where the server are located(user is in another city).

Solutions attempted:
1. Delete user and clear user overrides. Recreate user as was. Still same issue.
2. Delete user. Add new user with username different to original.
Still same issue

The is no problem with the pc as we have logged in on his pc with another user and done the search fine as stated above so this also indicates no connectivity issues

will greatly appreciate any indeas on how to resolve.

Could this possibly be related to the users address book entry? This would then mean that the address book entry must also be deleted and re-added?

thanks

Can you clarify who's logging into the OS versus who's logging into JDE?

Try this scenario:

O/S JDE RESULT
Admin Admin OK
User Admin ???
Admin User ???
User User ???

I'm betting that the user's Windows profile has custom browser settings that are slowing the system down. Compare this to the "fast" Windows profile.

Colin

We are having same issue with P43081. Found SAR 7652870 for 810, looks
like 7998504 would be for 811. I have not yet got around to finish
applying and testing.

Dave Rammer

EO810 TR 8.95_J1 HP_UX 11i Oracle 9.2.0.5 OAS 10.1.2.0.0

What's the security look like? Maybe some row security is causing the slowness.

This problem is still existing in 8.12 version. Originally, a SAR 8199448 is created to fix this issue but another SAR 8610161 is reverted what they have done on SAR 8199448. So does anyone know any other alternatives to solve this issue?

Back