Unusual results using ODBC after restore of PD data to PY

llallen1113

Well Known Member
We recently did a restore of our PD database to the PY database. Now, when accessing data via odbc the crpctl tables are not available when I log into the database using crpdta userid. I have to login using the crpctl userid to locate these tables. In PD I can login via odbc using the proddta login and see the prodctl and proddta tables. Is there a set of permissions we missed changing after the restore? This issue does not seem to effect our ability to use PY but causes some confusion for those of us using odbcx to get to the table data. Any thoughts on what could cause this issue would be appreciated.

We our on E1, sql server platform

"Is there a set of permissions we missed changing after the restore?"

I'd have to say yes - if you log into your production database using ODBC and logging in as PRODDTA allows you to see PRODCTL tables, then the rights to select from the PRODCTL tables have had to been granted to the user PRODDTA.

Your DBA should be able to look at and change those permissions as needed.

On the other hand, I don't let our users log into JDE using ODBC and the JDE/SQL logins - I set up permissions based on windows groups and logins and the permissions needed and they connect using windows security. I can control what they can and can not do a lot easier that way - the tables they can get to, can they only read that data, etc.

Too many issues with letting users in via the backdoor using the SQL accounts that have too many permissions. Data corruption, nulls where you don't want them, etc.

Dave Schlieder

Back
Top Bottom