Unable to get the PDF output when running the UBE from the OK Button Click Event

Mohammed Sajid

Dear All,

Should mention that you guys, out there are doing a wonder job sharing your personal experience and knowledge.

I have problem weith one of my customized application P554210 (org. P4210) from which I need to run a UBE (report) on clicking the OK button. On pressing the OK button the report starts processing but never finishes. When I used the debugger to see what the problem from the applications OK button's click event the report excecution completes sucessfully....only the PDF output was not recieved .... it shows it is processing and even after waiting for long hours no result.
But when instead of running the UBE from the OK button event, I run the report from the Row Exit of the Inquiry screen it works fine.
There was no problem with the Report Interconnection, as I had changed the paramters to the Data structure depending on the place from where I was running the UBE.

The client wants to have the Report printed (on screen) on pressing the OK button.

I had earlier raised this question with Oracle Customer service but no solutions from them too....

What could possibly be the problem.

Regards,
Mohammed Sajid
Technical/ Functional Consultant

We are using JDE 8.0 SP 21 with Sql Server 2000 on IBM server

Hi,

Have you checked that your UBE and its versions have been
deployed to all the workstations (including yours)
that will execute it?

Regards,

The only way what you are describing will work is
1) if you have a fat client
2) you map the UBE in question to run locally via OCM

It sounds like the UBE is mapped to the server via OCM, so it is running (and making the PDF file) on the server. All Report Interconnects like this, whether you define it synchronous or asynchronous, when mapped to a server, turn into asynchronous calls. The PDF is gerneated on another machine, and your app isn't told about it -- you would manually have to poll F986110 to find out the processing status, and then call a BSFN that you would write that hijacks some code from the "work with Server Jobs" app to be able to retrieve the PDF when it is done. This is why your scenario doesn't work.

If you are on the thin client, well, I wish you luck.

Hi Mohammed,

Maybe it is a transaction processing issue.
Where do you call your UBE? Punctually on which form and on wich event of OK and on which position there.

Maybe the records are locked by the transaction and your UBE is waiting for the unlock, but stops the OK processing which cause a nice dead-lock.

Please, provide us with a bit more information to see your scenario more clearly. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,
You were right about dead locks. I was calling the UBE from the Post OK button clicked event ....and just before the call I had an update statement. In the UBE to I was updating the same table/ record (different column).... and may be it was waiting for the other lock to be relised.

I made changes to the NER's in both the Appl and the report and now its working fine.

Thanks for your comments

Regards
Mohammed Sajid

Back