Trial Balance Report R09410

nevans

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or information about how the Trial Balance report rolls up and summarises accounts in different business unit types. I've been attempting to run a Trial Balance on a company which has a mixture of business unit types with a large number of them being jobs. The general structure of the accounts within each of the business units and jobs are generally the same. Each has 2 summary accounts at LOD 5, one being a subsidiary only account and the other an object only account. All transactions reside in accounts sitting at LOD 9.

If I run the report at LOD 5 it seems that the account balances for the job cost business unit types are rolled up and summarised on the subsidiary only account. For all other business unit types account balances are being rolled up into the object only account.

Why is this so and if it is correct how does the system recognise the BU type?

Hi,
I havent worked on job costing module but my info on COA says once u have accounts which have common throughout the entire company and all the BU's then roll up works fine.I never encountered ur mentioned problem. I am working in ERP 8.0.
Please see the LOD is the same for all the BU which u r selecting while generating TB otherwise it would give errors.
I hope I was fruitful in suggesting the error.
Thanks
Mahesh
[email protected]

Back