Terms and conditions on reports

Zoe

We have customised our own reports which we have set to auto email the user in pdf format. It is now a requirement for us to show the terms and conditions on each pdf which are a full A4 document. Can anyone provide me with an idea on how to do this? We have tried embedding the t&cs in the report design but the pdf generates about 10 pages. An example of a report we are trying to attach the t&cs to is the purchase order. We are trying to do this without expensive 3rd party software e.g. Formscape.

Zoe,

There are probably a couple of different ways to accomplish what you require. To work out how to advise you, it would be good to have your system config, especially your software (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne) version (eg 8.11 SP 1) and Tools Release ID (eg 8.97.2.1). Also you mention that a report blows out from 1 to 10 pages when you add the T&C. Some information on what the original report looks like, how it is put together and the changes you made to add the T&C would be very useful, especially the section types you used.

Hi Peter,

We are on EnterpriseOne 8.10, tools release 8.96.4.0.

The report is just a copy of the R43500 and all we have tried to do is create a new section break on the report in which we have entered the T&Cs in an attachment. As you cannot modify the formatting of text in an attachment the T&Cs print out on multiple pages rather than on one page.

Zoe

Zoe,

If it was me, I'd be very tempted to write a new custom version and avoid using any section types other than group. But those are my prejudices and it is probably a little overkill.

In your situation, I'm guessing that you do not want the T&C to print at the bottom of every page. Here is one possible way to do what you want, but it may involve a bit of trial and error. Use a page footer section to print the T&C. In the ER set it up so that the section only prints when the T&C needs to put on the PO. You will probably have to set up some parameters etc in other section(s) and use them to determine if the T&C is to be printed. If it is not, suppress section write.

I hope this helps. All the best for a resolution. Let us know how you go.

As Peter said there are many ways to do the same thing. I created a new section on R5543500 (a copy of R43500) and made it print on even pages (leaving the odd pages for the PO data). In terms of formatting, I did not take the attachment dead-end; I just TYPED all the t&c, used bold headings, or underligned, some italics, and bilingual Engish & French, eh. You don't change the t&c too often, do you?

Back