TC run in Batch - Error Unable to fetch specs for version

Pat_H

Hello List,

I'm having an issue with a table conversion I'm submitting to batch that tries to access a file on the IFS. The driver (wrapper) report that calls the TC is running but the TC doesn't run. When i look in my log I see the error "jdeLaunchUBE--Unable to fetch specs for version "VER001' of template "R558901001'. I'm not really even sure what I should look for. I don't know if this has to do with me trying to access a file on the IFS or what. Had anyone run into something simular to this before? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Pat

Pat,

Usually, that error is due to the Version of the Object not having been Deployed to the Server. Can you confirm that the TC's Version has, indeed, been deployed?

Alternately - you can submit the Version's Specs, to the server (Submit/Advanced/specs)...

(db)

Thanks db. There isn't a submit version specs only (I think that's what you were talking about) for the TC, but there is for a normal UBE. At least that's the case in XE, so I just submitted the TC version to batch from batch versions and that did the trick. It's out on the server and I'm not getting the error anymore. The driver ube is finding the TC version when it runs in batch. I wish I knew why I had to take that extra step, is this normal for TC version run in batch? I still think CNC missed something in the package build and deployment but glad to have learned how to get around that for now.

Thanks db. There isn't a submit version specs only (I think that's what you were talking about) for the TC, but there is for a normal UBE. At least that's the case in XE, so I just submitted the TC version to batch from batch versions and that did the trick. It's out on the server and I'm not getting the error anymore. The driver ube is finding the TC version when it runs in batch. I wish I knew why I had to take that extra step, is this normal for TC version run in batch? I still think CNC missed something in the package build and deployment but glad to have learned how to get around that for now.
hi Pat, i am having exact problem. Can you help? how do you solve it. Can u go step by step? I am new to CNC so i'm scratching head. Much thanks. I really don't get this :
I just submitted the TC version to batch from batch versions and that did the trick: What is TC version and how do you do it? tks

Back