E9.2 Execute External Program (B34A1030) - File cannot be accessed error

cheetah2112

I'm trying to call a CL program on iSeries from this function I run locally (I think - I'm new)

Call PGM(PDMOD/J564772850) parm('S855SHDRWP' 'TESTDTA920')

When I debug in Visual Studio, when I call this, I get the 3143 error 'File cannot be accessed'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

The error "B34A1030 File cannot be accessed" is usually caused by a permissions issue. It is likely that the user account that is running the program does not have the necessary permissions to access the file. To resolve this issue, you will need to grant the user account the necessary permissions to access the file. This can be done by right-clicking on the file, selecting Properties, and then selecting the Security tab. From here, you can add the user account to the list of users that have access to the file. Once the user account has been added, you should be able to access the file without any further issues.

Hi Dave - where does your Execute External Program (B34A1030) execute ? is it from a UBE or an app ? is it getting launched on a logic server or batch server ? how many do you have in Production (load balancing) ? is your program on the E1 servers where the BSFN is executing or some other server ?
Answer these question and you might be able to get to the root of the issue.

Regards,
Suraj

If you’re debugging in visual studio then you’re running on a windows development box.
Execute external means to execute a script or binary that is native to the current machOne - in this case a pc running MS Windows. Obviously you can’t run a AS/400 CL on windows! At least not directly.

Back