TC (JDE World) foreign table to E1 table - fail when run in server

wooi

Hello there,

I have a TC UBE converting custom table F550004 from JDE World to E1 F0004. It runs fine locally on fat client, but fails when submitted to server. Errors are ....

Failed to verify that table exists in Business Data - World
Failed to retrieve column and index information for F550004 in PJDDTAP. Specs might be corrupt.
Failed to get table specs from db
Failed to get foreign table specs

Does F550004 need to be defined in E1 as well?
I'm attaching the error log.

Your help is much appreciated.

Ivy

Attachments

• 175655-R550004UPL.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 214
Is this a one-off program that will never be run again?

"Back in the Day"(tm) when I was running TCs for company conversions I never fought this battle. If the thing only works locally, and it's a toss-away, don't waste a lot of time making it work everywhere.

Yes, local was slower, but not as slow as all the lost time needed to make it work fast on the server.

The voice of experience, . . . mine anyway.

Actually, I need to schedule this UBE weekly to transfer & integrate UDC data from World to E1. I would have been happy to just run it locally if it's one time only.

I'm attaching the debug log. It does say it cannot find the spec for my custom table F550004 in the World side, but it is there. I'm green in E1 to decipher the log and can use some help.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 175712-R550004UPL_MOR0001_14286.txt
    725.8 KB · Views: 282
If it works locally, then, in general, the foreign table set up must be correct. If it doesn't work on the server, chances are that the foreign table set up is not complete on the server. Is the ODBC to the foreign database on the server? Does the server have access to the the foreign database (permissions/firewall/etc.)? Is all the needed OCM entries in the server OCM (as opposed to the system OCM)?

Back