System user other than Jde in the server ini

AS400Guru

AS400Guru

Well Known Member
We have a different system user in our ini other than jde. It was working great till we applied 8.94P1. Since then we have applied 8.94T1 and 8.95O1.
As soon as we specify a different user (say for e.g OWSYSUSR) in the ini, we are not able to get a clean set of logs after we start the services and the UBE's fail.
If we change the system user back to jde, everything works just fine.
Not sure whether it an issue on our install or somebody else is facing the same issue. It still baffles me as to why it would stop working all of a sudden and work if Jde is specified. I have not explored the possibility of finding out whether the new system user is corrupt, we did try creating new system user and it still has the same issue.
As usual Oracle is still trying to understand the problem since last 10 months!!.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

two things to look at: does the new user id have object authority to all the objects and did you set up the new user id as a system user?

Yes. This working before we applied 8.94 P1 and then it stopped. Everything in the profile is identical to the Jde system user profile except for the fact that it is called something else.
crazy.gif

Being fairly new to JDE, yell at me if this doesn't make sense. I know you say the new user is identical to JDE, but have you tried copying the JDE user?

Yes. Surprisingly if we go back to 8.93 R1, things just work fine.

Hi,

I think you will have covered this ground but it does sound like it might be related to AS400 Security. When you apply the new Tools/System, are you using a SECOFR or equivalent profile? Check the authority on the System library. Do you use 'Sign on Security'?

Would be useful if you supply the logs generated when you start the subsystem and also when you try and run a UBE.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

We went thru that excercise too. If this was an iSeries issue, we would have other issues too, which we did not see. The new system user has *allobj, so that should resolve any security issues if any.
Will attach the logs soon.

Thanks!!.

I came across a not dissimilar issue\observation on E810 8.94 (can’t remember the exact release):

The user\password in the server’s JDE.INI file is populated in two places:

1) For the DB logon
2) For the E1 logon

I discovered that it didn’t matter what went in the section for the E1 logon, I even put garbage in it and the system still worked OK, it was always using the DB logon.

Therefore I suspect the resolution to your problem is to create the user OWSYSUSR inside E1 with a system user of OWSYSUSR and then hard code this name and password in both sections of the JDE.INI file.

It worked for me OK.

I usually set up one user and system\proxy user for each server on the system, that way you can easily see what its doing.

Back
Top Bottom