system fatal errors

Billie Ebinger

Billie Ebinger

We are in the process of upgrading to EnterpriseOne 8.10. We are now testing our production environment and are experiencing a lot of system fatal errors citing various business functions, but cannot pinpoint the cause. The user is usually completing a sales order (sometimes on the OK button of the revisions screen, sometimes on the Place Order button)when a dialog box pops up notifying of the system fatal error. You can click the details button to see which business function may have caused the error.

Another possibly related situation is that we get "kicked out" of PS completely with no warning. This also happens very frequently when entering sales orders then either clicking on another menu selection or entering an application in fast path. This happens after purchase order entry, PO receipt, and Inventory Issues (that we have seen. I'm guessing that it happens with other apps as well)

Has anyone else seen this? If so, how did you resolve it? Many thanks in advance. (We have seen these errors in other environments as well, but not as frequently as in PD)

Billie Sue Ebinger
EnterpriseOne 8.10 Tools Release 4
RS6000
Unix
Oracle 9.2

Billie,

this sounds a lot like a User Overrides issue, a.k.a Grid Formats. Have you guys deleted ALL user overrides after the upgrade to Production? Just to be sure, I would run the P98950 and delete all UO for a user that is experiencing the issues. Make sure this user is out before deleting the UO. If it works, then simply delete all UO.

Just a thought.

Billie Ebinger,
Once we have this error in other version. Our problem was some tables were not succesfully converted by Table Conversio. So our Logical Table specifications in EO were different than oracle structure.
You can make and check into the integrity between F98711 (Central Objects table specs) and DBA_TAB_COLUMNS in oracle.

Hope this help.

Many thanks to Jim, Carlos and Alexander for their suggestions. I checked with CNC who told me that they did delete all user overrides and that they have run R9698711.

Any other suggestions?

Gratefully,
Billie

Billie,
Do you have logs on the enterprise server where the BSFN are executing?
Could also be timeout of the BSFN. If you attach could be easier to identify your problem.

We moved from Xe, SP6 to E810. We encountered the fatal system errors as well (in Purchasing, Inventory, Job Cost, Accounts Payable, Contract Entry). We isolated the issue to a single corrupt Data Dictionary item (SystemConstants07, Alias CP07). Our CNC modified the DD item, and regenerated, as the DD items are cached in the local specs. I could not believe that all of these fatal system errors were linked to one DD item, but history should have told me it was possible - when we moved to Xe, a handful of bad DD items brought the new system to its knees. VERY long story short - as soon as the DD item was corrected, all of the fatal system errors were rectified. Hope this helps.

Here are some logs that we've saved for the fatal errors.

Robert, can you tell me how you determined which data dictionary item was causing the problem?

Attachments

• 94078-fatalError1.zip
    412.3 KB · Views: 135
Going back through my notes now…we solved this for our first environment (PY) back in December (and the problem did not recur in DV or PD), so the memory is a bit fuzzy…

Could you please post your B4205100?

I want to see if there are any obvious unicode errors in the C code...

Cheers,

Still digging through our documentation. The attached document was our starting point. Will continue to look for specific documentation.

Attachments

• 94087-ods-00-0125 Memory Violations.doc
    72 KB · Views: 378
Here's the objects you asked about:

Attachments

• 94090-fatalerror2.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 104
In this upgrade are you changing any servers? Have you changed platforms from say as/400 to sql server? Have you updated the data sources and ODBC settings?

This is in the log: SELECT ABAN8, ABALPH FROM DTA.F0101 WHERE ( ABAN8 = :KEY1 ) looks pretty simple. Do you have a library/SQL database named DTA?

When we went live with 8.9, we had lots of issues related to Real Time Events. They were turned on by default and we don't use them. Perhaps you have a similar issue? See Solution ID 200815228. It specifically mentions address book issues and this is a very common issue in a production environment. Check program P90701. Any Active statuses for RTE could be an issue for you. Disabling them and restarting your enterprise server services can have a positive impact, but not if you really need RTE.

Jean also makes a good point about the F0101 query in your log. Which Oracle patch level are you running for Oracle 9i Release 2? We are running 9.2.0.4 (both client and server should match) and are going to upgrade to 9.2.0.6 in the near future. 9.2.0.1 was absolutely terrible in our instance.

Here are the answers to Jean's and Charles questions:
In this upgrade are you changing any servers? yes, we have
Have you changed platforms from say as/400 to sql server? No, we're still on the RS6000 using UNIX
Have you updated the data sources and ODBC settings? yes
Do you have a library/SQL database named DTA? yes, that's the owner of the database

When we went live with 8.9, we had lots of issues related to Real Time Events. They were turned on by default and we don't use them. Perhaps you have a similar issue? I'm pretty sure I checked that for another issue and they are turned off. But just in case, could you walk me through how to check it out again? I've only been there once and can't remember how I got there!
Which Oracle patch level are you running for Oracle 9i Release 2? 9.2.0.6.

I just found the application for Real Time Events! P90701 if anyone else needs to know. Yes, all of the RTEs are disabled.

ok, this is most likely a dumb question. Did you create a deploy a full package for the new version? Have you run the routines to expand your data's data source with UNICODE as well as for the OneWorld system data sources(sorry, I have a hard time wording Oracle questions as I have not ever used the db)

What service pack/tools release? have you checked the service packs available documentation to see if this is a known/fixed problem? Have you contacted support?

Yes, we have deployed a full package and done all the stuff required to convert the data (I'm neither CNC nor a DBA so I understand).
We're at Tools release 4. We have an open call with PS and we will have some on-site help Monday. I think that we're getting close with the help that you and the other jdelist members have been offering today. And for that I am grateful!

Back